Home
About
Contact
RSS

Saturday, February 6, 2010

Behind the Scene



In addendum to my post on Guru Story on 7 Jan 2010. My father volunteered to add some more details which were behind the scene types. So enjoy reading, the music post will be next

PS: If you have not read the 7Jan 2010 post on Guru Story, first read that.



While the cyclones in the two families are at its initial peak, one day morning I got a call from Gala (Anjana’s dad) that he wanted to meet me urgently. We planned to meet in my friend’s office ot Chembur that evening. I am meeting him for the first time. He came there at the appointed time.


He was looking like the most harassed dad this side of Suez. I could clearly see in his eyes the love he had for his daughter and also the shock and anguish she had given him. He was confused as to how to handle the situation.


Immediately he started “what is happening.. the children don’t understand. How can they marry. We are Jains.. You are south Indian..Hamare khandan me aise hua nahin.. etc etc. My wife and daughters are crying all the time.” . He was sounding helpless and didn’t know what to do.. I could understand his feelings and I was feeling a little sorry for him.


I told him to relax a bit and have tea. Over tea, I told him that my wife and I are also equally concerned about the matter. In fact, we did not know how to resolve the issue. However, I suggested that for the time being let us leave it as it is. And after 6 to 12 months if they continue to strongly feel for each other we can then review.


He agreed reluctantly. Probably having no other option.


The rest was narrated by Vivek.


PS: There was no formal engagement ceremony. Muhurat date was fixed by Chayannaji. The wedding took place on February 6, 2003 at Ashram. Most of the relatives from both the sides were present for the marriage at the Ashram and blessed the couple, along with blessings from the whole batch of would be Art of Living Teachers.












1 comment:

Anand Jage said...

Great post appa!!! I can now really imagine how your meet must have been like with Gala Uncle..

Post a Comment